7.13.2011

It's nearly upon us!

Wow! It's almost here!
Can't wait to see those that are coming!  There is no one staying at Hotel Ruidoso.  SO I may change the location of the meals(more in a second).
We still have some that may make last minute plans. I have emailed directly those who are committed and I have CC'd those who are undecided at last I heard.I believe from sorting through various emails that those who are coming are arriving on Thursday the 28th and departing on Sunday the 31st.  If your plans are different please let us know!  Ken will come up Friday evening and stay through Sunday afternoon.

Beth and Jerry and their son Jeffery and his family will drive over from their home in Cloudcroft (a town that is worth the drive over!).  They will be here for dinner Thursday evening and Friday evening and will bring Edna. 

I am not 100% sure of the dinner location for Thurs. and Friday night yet.  I originally booked Hotel Ruidoso, just across the street from Case's Cabins, but we don't have anyone staying there and I am waiting on a call back from their manager to see if we could still rent a meeting room.
I have a back up plan at the Best Western Pine Springs Inn which also has easy access and I know the marketing and meeting director there.
I will let everyone know those details once I have them finalized in the next couple days.  We can still do the cookout at Casey's on Saturday if we want.  Or we can go up to our cabin and cook out there... either is fine with me.  We can use gas grills right now with some restrictions.  Our grill at the cabin meets the requirements and I will check on the grills at Casey's.
If anyone is still around for dinner Sunday or beyond we can go out to eat or I will gladly cook(I love to cook).  I am staying up there through the next weekend.

Beth and Jerry have a previous commitment on Saturday - here is what she wrote: "
On Saturday, we will go to the James Canyon Volunteer Fire Department enchilada dinner at the Sacramento Assembly.  Some of the family might want to go to it, too.  It’s from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and is $7.50 per adult and $5 for children (I think that’s a suggested amount.).  The proceeds benefit those affected by the Mayhill fire.  Then, on Saturday night, we will go to Alamo to see the stage play of Cinderella at the Flickenger (sp?).  Tickets are $10 each if any of the family wants to attend."

As you may or may not know the area has been hit pretty hard by fire this year.  You will be able to see some of the damage out near the track.

The horse races are Friday-Monday and the first post is at 1PM.  There is free open air seating and grandstand seating that is like $7 or $8.  The turf club is upstairs and is $10 and I think work it.  A little less crowded, but on the other hand not right in the action either...The turf club can sell out quickly.

The weather in Ruidoso has been fabulous, but very dry.  They are getting some rain this week, but unless it continues through next week or more the National Forest will more than likely remain closed. At this time hiking any of the White Mt. Wilderness/Lincoln National Forest trails is out.  We have a fire lane next to our property that is at a pretty steep angle and makes for quite a little hike up and a nice walk along the ridge line.  You can hike all the way back to the Reservation.
 And of course the drives to the surrounding sights and towns are nice. 

Can't wait to see everyone!!!!!
I am really looking forward to a nice visit and planning the next reunion!  I would really love to see the next generation get involved and I am really glad Jeffery and his family are able to make the trip!~  Maybe we could even get some of the Llano Buttery's involved in one of the future reunions!

here is a link to a Google Map I created that shows the location of the lodging for the family. http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217825928491783432318.0004a7f5fd979314e789b&msa=0&ll=33.334257,-105.687876&spn=0.024381,0.0418
I will update it with dinner locations as I get it finalized.

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment